Friday, May 17, 2013

Bear's Birthday Present

Leapfrog Scribble and Write patchwork gadget case at Fabric Mutt

My little Bear will be turning four on Sunday, and my husband's parents are arriving in town any minute to spend the weekend with all of us. There are a hundred things on the to-do list, but I wanted to quickly share the patchwork case I made for Bear's birthday present, which is a Leapfrog Scribble & Write. So many toys and videos are designated "educational" these days, a label which can be widely overused as far as I'm concerned, but all my experience with Leapfrog products has been fantastic. I think we own every one of their dvds, and I can't believe how much my daughters have picked up from them. Mouse has learned all of her letters and their sounds, just by watching "The Letter Factory" a million times.

Leapfrog Scribble and Write patchwork gadget case at Fabric Mutt

Using some yarn dyed essex linen in leather, a fat quarter from the Fox Hollow collection, and a few 2.5" patchwork squares, I whipped up a quick gadget case last night. There's a strap so she can carry it around with her, padding to keep the toy cushioned, and velcro for easy access. Best of all, I can give it to her in the case so it doesn't have to be gift wrapped.

Leapfrog Scribble and Write patchwork gadget case at Fabric Mutt

Make that ninety-nine things left on the to-do list.

Linking up to Finish It Up Friday.

19 comments:

  1. That is so cute (and practical!) Happy Birthday to Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Heidi. You are so talented to whip stuff up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! So refreshing to know some parents still care about educating their kids as opposed to...whatever it is that they call what they're doing these days lol. Sigh..anyway, adorable pouch, and such a fun present :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Happy Birthday to Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab present, i'm betting she will be delighted with it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little pouch so much. What adorable little fabrics you used. Your little bear is very lucky. I am about to make myself a Kindle cover and now I am thinking I want to do squares like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fussy cut squares are adorable! What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are always whipping up the cutest things, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just adorable, Heidi. Happy birthday to your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful. I loved leap frog toys when my boys were little.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cover is ridiculously cute. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, and a perfect size :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two lovely gifts and the pouch can still be treasured when the leap pad is outgrown. I hope Bear has a lovely day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! so adorable too. I hope she had a lovely birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet and Happy Birthday. We have always loved leapfrog too. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet! Love the fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. THat case is adorable! My boys who are now 16 and 13 also loved leapfrog. I was really excited when they first started developing education products many years ago. Mind you this was at the time that video gaming was making leaps and bounds in technology and I couldn't figure out why there was nothing educational out there. Then came leapfrog! We used their products for many years!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable! The Essex in leather is so pretty and I love all those cute fussy cut squares! It is such a fantastic gift. I hope she had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...